Maintaining a robust and complex SAP landscape can be a challenging task for fashion companies. Without deep and broad SAP technical skills to deal with some of the more challenging issues of working on SAP platforms such as ECC, AFS, Retail, FMS, or S/4HANA for Fashion, fashion companies can lose countless working hours.
Due to the complexity of digital transformation, many in-house IT teams are struggling to keep pace. Especially since internal IT departments are now required to tackle business strategy, drive transformation, and enable the adoption of technologies such as Cloud, Analytics, Robotic Processing Automation - all while keeping costs under control. This requires a practical alternative to maintaining cost-effectiveness – a way to generate continuous value from existing investments, while also delivering improvements with new technologies.
Delivering fully functional SAP applications is at the core of SAP Application Management Services. As forward-thinking fashion companies shift their focus to continuous value generation, having the right talent, the right tools and the right controls is increasingly critical to controlling the cost of your SAP landscape.
In this blog post, we look at how fashion companies can achieve this, and what benefits they can expect with SAP support services:
01. Cost Savings
Training and maintaining an effective IT team in-house can be costly and time-consuming. With SAP Application Managed Services, organizations can reduce operational costs, lower IT operating expenses, and free up internal resources to focus on more strategic IT projects that can add greater value to the organization.
- Proactively explore and identify enhancements for improvement to maximize efficiency, reduce overhead and limit costs
- Access a wealth of technical knowledge and expertise, which simply isn’t viable to maintain in-house; to keep improving system performance
- Predict and manage costs
To demonstrate the cost efficiencies clearly, we’ve taken a mid-sized fashion company as an example to demonstrate the impact attune’s Managed Services can have on your bottom line, compared to managing an internal IT team. See how much you're company can save with our SAP Application Managed Services Cost Model.
02. Scale Up or Down Based on Business Needs
Given the rate of technology developments, organizations need to scale resources up or down on demand. The right SAP AMS partner can support your organization to handle growth spurts or emerging IT problems, by determining a delivery model that works best for you.
- Agility to adapt to customer needs - with the flexibility to quickly ramp up/ramp down resources
- A combination of onsite, offsite, and offshore delivery models - based on client needs
- Ability to design the most robust IT outsourcing model to fit client needs
03. Focus on Core Business
Lack of in-house expertise and an adequate infrastructure can prevent companies from successfully managing their SAP systems. But activities related to the development and operations of SAP fashion-retail applications are always ongoing and constantly need improvement.
Most often, companies limit internal IT manpower because they are always stretched due to business demands and ongoing IT projects. However, with an SAP Managed Services partner, companies can focus more time on their core IT activities and day-to-day work.
- Gain access to a team of highly trained, dedicated professionals
- Extend and optimize your ERP to generate more value from your application portfolio
- Manage your environment 24/7 to ensure your SAP landscape is always up-to-date with the right patches and updates
- Leverage deep SAP specialization to optimize usage of functionalities, and activate new functionalities
- Close the skills gap, enabling teams to focus on innovation, not SAP application management and maintenance.
- Address technical pain points and remain responsive to needs, both short-term and long-term
SAP AMS places fashion companies in a better position to manage future digital demands
As fashion companies find themselves with a complex digital environment that is difficult to manage and costly to maintain, SAP Application Managed Services helps cut through the complexity to help position your business for the evolving digital economy. When your application management decisions are well managed, you can accelerate innovation, improve IT performance, reduce both costs and risks, and focus on core organizational competencies.