Migrating to SAP S/4HANA for Fashion: A major shift for Fashion Businesses
For apparel, footwear and fashion companies looking to implement SAP S/4HANA for Fashion and Vertical Operations, the move creates a long list of questions that need consideration before any kind of work can begin. Some of the biggest customer concerns about making the move to S/4HANA is the potential disruption, organizational readiness, impact to current operations and difficulty in identifying the extent of potential change caused by a radical reconstruction of the entire SAP environment.
In order to avoid system downtime and business interruption, it becomes essential to validate that new processes and applications work as required by the business. Testing and validation must be done early and often to ensure high coverage of day-to-day business activities and system processes.
As a close collaborator of SAP S/4HANA for Fashion and currently involved in multiple S/4HANA implementations at global fashion companies, we have been able to identify practices that have been proven to work across the industry. As a result, we’ve calibrated our leading practice methods and developed a pragmatic approach to implementing S/4HANA, assimilating our working knowledge of S/4HANA, its tools and accelerators along with our unique fashion industry acumen.
Introducing Future Reference Solution (FRS) for SAP S/4HANA for Fashion Implementations
To minimize the risk, attune's Future Reference Solution (FRS) is designed to provide fashion brands a re-usable, personalized template of SAP S/4HANA for Fashion that leverages our
- It is a Reference System for S/4HANA Fashion that helps define a Global High-Level Design Template with Reference Process Documents.
- It goes well beyond a generic S/4HANA Fashion industry template capability by greatly enriching the completeness and quality of the solution to be validated during design.
- FRS is built on attune Fashion Suite, a pre-configured S/4HANA for Fashion solution, incorporating fashion-relevant business processes that includes specific functionality around seasonality, segmentation, order allocation and fashion product management.
- It is built to steer the implementation by combining SAP and industry leading practices with a fashion brand’s unique requirements.
- It contains all of a brand’s major in-scope processes – addressing known and common challenges that is to be re-engineered and resolved by utilizing standard SAP functionality.
- It helps drive the quality of the next phases while minimizing modifications due to preliminary work.
Key Benefits of a Future Reference Solution
01. Shape ERP Scope
- Helps determine the future state of your SAP S/4HANA for Fashion solution
- Validates potential clusters for convergence or divergence for the development of reference process documents to be utilized in the blueprint phase.
- Brand-specific data can be added to the Future Reference Solution, along with a brand's major in-scope processes to enhance validation in the subsequent phases.
02. Minimize Risks
Helps to rapidly validate and adopt processes by documenting 'TO BE' business processes prior to the blueprint phase with less risk, at a lower cost, and in less time
- Adds lead time to address items that can impact scope/timeline, minimizing business interruption and accelerating resumption of daily operations.
- Increases early adoption, and “grows” a group of super users who will be used as trainers for post-go-live support, eliminating the need for a separate phase of User Adoption Training.
- By engaging key users early and often, the solution can be vetted in a more practical manner. This enables better decisions to be made, and allows change impact to the business to be better assessed.
03. Drive Blueprint Planning
- All FRS material can be leveraged to plan, prepare and conduct the blueprint. This improves delivery quality, expediting the timeline and minimizing efforts during the entire course of the program.
- Drives the Global High-Level Design/Validation with a higher quality template, complete with prebuilt configurations, test cases and gap analysis.
- Significant time savings by building documentation on top of existing attune Fashion content and writing Functional and Technical Specifications only once.